What are the minimum requirement for running windows 10?
Microsoft Windows 10 can be run on any system be it old or new, however, the system most meet the following minimum specifications to run smoothly and effectively. I also have my recommendations listed. Click here to see a list of features on windows 10
- RAM (Random Access Memory): this is dependent on the architecture of the board in the system either 32 bit or 64 bit architecture. So the minimum RAM capacity to run windows 10 effectively is 1GB of RAM for 32 bit (X86) systems and 2 GB of RAM for 64 bit (X64) systems.
(recommended: At least 8 GB for both Architecture)
- Hard Disk Size (HDD Size): The Hard disk size required to run windows 10 operating system is also dependent on the architecture of the motherboard of the system. The requirement for windows 10 installation is 16 GB of HDD space for 32 bit and 20 GB of HDD space for 64 bit Operating System.
(Recommended: At least 500 GB)
- Processor: 1 GHz of processor speed or faster compatible system on a chip (SoC)
(Recommended: At least 2.5GHz, preferably: 3.0GHz)
- Graphics Card: Any graphics card compatible with DirectX 9 or later with WDDC 1.0 driver. But on a new system you will surely get it coming with the DirectX 12
(Recommended: Any Nvidia Graphics Card and should come with Dedicated Graphics of at least 2 GB if you are a heavy user like gamer, animators and video editors)
- Display: Minimum Display is at 800 x 600 screen resolution
(Recommended: FHD Display 1020 x 1080)
For more details about Windows 10 requirement CLICK HERE! to read more from Microsoft.